Thursday, July 17, 2008

settling in

well, our stuff is here....

Wow, we have a lot of stuff.....

It turned out to be a pretty crazy day yesterday. if I could dig out a USB cord, I would show the pictures I took, but alas, there are well over 100 boxes lying around this house.... My adoring fans may just have to wait for pictures.

Yesterday AM, we woke up to find the EPA, Firetrucks, Oil tankers and such all over the road, directing in front of the house. Apparently during the early hours, an oil tanker drove off the road, into the woods, about 50-100 feet and crashed. It was a huge mess, and took all day to clean up. it took 5 wreckers to get that truck out! Jonas was in heaven watching all the trucks.

We did finally get all of our stuff all into the house. Jonas wasn't thrilled, kept telling us to take it back home.

We finally got our TV and Internet both working this morning. YIPEE!!

Jonas chilled today, while I tried to unpack the kitchen. wow... that was a ton of stuff. I am still working on it.

I received notification from the MD Department of education about my teaching license. That was kind of depressing. My NC 6-9 grade Language Arts, Social Studies, and Academically Gifted License translated into 7-12 grade English. 9 years working, earning certificates, hours, and credits, and I lose 2 of my endorsements coming into MD.

I will have to say that the local mommies board that I joined before we moved has been so wonderful. I talked to one mom forever this morning while I was unpacking. It really helped fight away the loneliness. Many others have invited J and I out, but so far I haven't gotten up the courage to go.

Jonas ate 4 chicken nuggets today! whoo hoo!! Ok, so it is crap, and nothing considering it was all day... but hey, at least it was food.

And I have to send a big thanks to Rae-Ling too... you made my day kiddo!

I'll find my pictures soon

No comments: