So poor J has never stood a chance, with a scientist for a dad, and well... me for a mom.. things around here can get pretty different-- as well established with the brain pictures below--
So far my life of being a SAHM
Day 1: Jonas and I are stir crazy... What the heck am I supposed to do in this house all day with a 3 year old??? I can handle 100 + 12 year olds.... but one 3 year old, and I am lost.
So online I go for creative things to do, after a few hours of TV, which J thought he was in heaven, because I never let him watch TV--
after making a handprint sun, painting, playing with magnets, aquadoodle, reading every book in the house, made not one, but two special snacks... I was about to lose my mind...
So after dinner, I was again in search of something to do... it was to early for bath, but I decided, hey, lets take one early and make homemade bath finger paints. What a great idea! See, whenever I have these random great ideas, even my 12 year olds can tell you trouble is coming. See I followed the directions online, almost perfectly- except for one small detail... their directions made such muted colors. So boring, who wants to paint with muted boring colors. So of course, my solution, add more food coloring. We made the most beautiful colors, of course leaving a lovely trace a spilled food coloring all over the bathroom... J hopped into the bathtub, we washed, then went to town painting. We made beautiful pictures. We took old syringes and shot water at our pictures and made the "rain" wash them away.. It was a lovely fun time... The result, and hour later, a very colorful bathtub, and a green child....
Oh well, we had fun, and if anyone sees my kid in the next few days, yes, he is green...
Oh yeah, D came in while we were doing it, and very nearly had a heart attack... my poor scientist can't handle when I do things like this.
at least J will be balanced in his interests, somewhat.... ok he may never have any normal experience, but ehh.... he's stuck with us.
jonah rockin' the xylophone
8 years ago



1 comment:
He he! It sounds like you guys had a blast! Jonas is a very blessed little boy to have such creative, loving parents. I can't wait to see what he's going to do when he grows up! Great things!
Post a Comment