Monday, June 23, 2008

mini-vacation



We took a few days off to go visit the in-laws at the lake. You know, it is funny, most people complain about their in-laws, I guess I am pretty lucky, because I actually like mine (and I am not just saying that cause they may read this either). I wasn't really sure about them at first, because they are quite different from the family I grew up with. But after I realized that they weren't crazy, I actually found that not only do I love them, because they are now part of my family, but I like them too-- but that is beside the point..

So we went on up to the lake, Jonas had a blast as usual. One of the places he can go where he is the direct center of all attention. It seems as if everything is Jonas centered, and he loves every second of it. To tell the truth, so do I... because he doesn't have to be the center of my every living moments when we are there. He is happy being the light of everyone else's worlds... I even got to read 2 books. In 2 days!!! I haven't done that, well, since he was born! I decided it was time that I reread, and in some cases read, the Chronicles of Narnia. Some I have never read, some it has been a very long time since I have read. I made it through the first 2 and a half books. It was lovely.

Jonas did find the water interesting. Not as carefree as he was in his "younger" days. He was a bit more studious this time.
and mostly, just relaxed and showing off...
































No comments: