Sunday, June 29, 2008

Birthday fun

Getting old isn't that bad, when you have your family. D, J, and I had the perfect day for my birthday. No physical gifts, but the we had to gift of time to spend. D wasn't working, so in the morning we took J to his regular sitter, and D and I spent the day being kinda silly. We decided to go test drive cars, brand new cars. I have been wanting a new car-- we of course have no real intention of buying a new car right now-- but it was fun driving all the new '09 cars. BTW, the Honda Fit is AWESOME-- esp if you are short! It was the most comfortable car I have ever driven... David wasn't as fond of it.

After that, and lunch, we picked J up and took him to his first ever movie- Kung Fu Panda... He LOVED it. I was afraid the theater and the noise would scare him-- NOPE-- He sat like such a big boy!! He laughed so had, and the smile never left his face. D and I spent more time watching him than the movie. It was so much fun.

Then a good friend watched J for us so we could go out for the evening with some of our closest friends, which was fabulous in itself. Of course my dear parents called to sing happy birthday, as is custom, and sang "lovely" (and my friend put it) to the babysitter.

1 comment:

Ray said...

you are so not old.....kung fu panda rocks!!! "my son had the noodle dream!!" haha