wow, we had a whirlwind trip of NC... We left Friday Am, drove down to Chapel Hill (took like 7 hours), had dinner with friends... Jonas didn't puke at all... but then again he refused to eat most of the trip too... I am fine with that.. I don't push food when we are traveling... At dinner he ate a pickle and 4 lemon slices... nice huh?
Then we went on down to Southern Pines, got into my moms at 9:17.. J was still awake, so we stopped... got to the hotel around 10:30.. Jonas was soo full of energy by them, it took quite a lot to get him into bed.. where he slept very restlessly... and he sleeps in a sleeping bag, and it was very loud.. so none of up slept very well. He was up by 7 AM... We hung around th ehotel, until Uncle D got his run in and D, J and I went to moms... David went to Cary.. His parents are selling the house he grew up in, and he had to clean out his old room... so he missed the exciting day of hanging around my mom's...
At mom's we had our usual fun activity of dying Easter eggs.. I forgot my camera, but D took some pictures... we had 6 dozen eggs to dye... (that is my brother, me, mom, one aunt, and Jonas).. D and I love dying Easter eggs... we go all out, get every neat kit, and take hours and hours.. Poor Jonas lost interest well before the adults did.
Had a cook out at moms, went back the hotel, and got J to bed by 9... Darren and I watched the 6th Harry Potter while David talked to my dad about how to finish off our basement... Sometime during the night, the Easter Bunny came to the hotel, and hid 12 of the eggs we had dyed... and of course left a basket for JOnas.. he was in heaven searching for eggs... then to church, easter dinner, then off to see D's parents at the lake..
stayed there, went out on the boat yesterday.. then started our drive home.. of course J puked, massively... like nasty bad about 30 minutes into the trip.. I could barely get out of the car fast enough to puke on the side of the road.... Poor David cleaned the car.. I did manage to get J's clothes changed... then sat on the side of the road in 90 degree heat, trying not to die... we couldn't get the horrid smell out of the car.. it was bad bad bad...
We were very excited to stop at a bojangles on the way home.. how I miss my chicken biscuits... it was one of the worst restraunt experiences I have ever had.. in the bathroom, one of the toilets had overflowed with some nasty shit.,.. and I had to go... then we literally waited in line for 20 minutes (for one person in front of us), and another 20 minutes to actually get our food.... it wasn't even that good.. so it was after 9 before we got back on the road.... then traffic got slowed down on 895... so we didn't get home until after 11... (we left at 3:30.. supposed to be a 5 hour drive)...
but.. we are home now, everyone feeling better and well rested this morning... of course I have to go clean the car.. try to get the nasty puke smell out... have some friends coming over to play in a bit.. I think I may even shower for them... maybe...
jonah rockin' the xylophone
8 years ago



1 comment:
what can i say....NC makes life interesting...
can you believe i've never been to bojangles?
Post a Comment