Friday, April 9, 2010

pitiful

So, on the way to school this morning J asks me if Gavin is going to be at school today. I told him that G would be there, and after a minute he says "good, Gavin protects me on the playground". I was like huh? So I asked him what Gavin protected him from, and he said "well Gavin is Spiderman, he he won't let anyone tackle me". I asked if the other kids were tackling him, and he said "not when Gavin is there, and sometimes Olivia helps protect him"...

So I called Christina, G's mom... i told her what J said, and that it was so very sweet that her son is protecting mine. So she asked G about it. She asked G if the other kids were mean to J, and he said "yes".. when she asked him what they did to be mean he said they chase Jonas around and push him down in the mulch. When she asked him what he did, he said he was spiderman, and he used his webs to make them stop... lol...

while I am so very grateful Jonas has a friend like Gavin, who takes up for him, I wasn't happy to hear what was going on. I know boys are boys, and they do play rough and push and shove... it is a fact of life, and I fear it is going to be Jonas' life to be on the receiving end. He is so little, and easy to push around. It broke my heart to hear about it, already. He isn't even in Kindergarten yet, and he is getting bullied on the play ground. I did talk to his teachers. They were great, as always. Ms. Kristen said that they noticed today, for the first time that he seemed upset on the playground. I know they can't watch him all the time and keep him safe, but I sure wish someone could.

What was funny, when i left his teachers to go get him from lunch, and other mom stopped me. She had heard some of our conversation, and wanted to know if it was her kid pushing J. I told her I really didn't know, that J never told me who it was. So she looked at her kid and asked him if he had been pulling on and pushing Jonas, and he said "um, yes"... I love the honesty of kids at this age. So we talked a little about it, maybe it will help. Later when we were driving home, I asked J who it was, and one of the names he mentioned was that boy... so we will see. It just makes me sad to see him already in this position.

And of course, you have to say, well don't push back, go tell a teacher.. but I don't want him to turn into the tattletale that no one likes either. Wow, this parent thing is hard. :(

wow, Jonas is playing on the scale, and he climbed on and said "mom, look a gained 32 pounds" ... yes, in a life time you have.. lol, then he gets back on and said "mom I lost 2 pounds", so I asked him how much it said he weighed, and he said "30, that's why I lost 2 pounds"... nice buddy

No comments: