J lost control, and landed in the road... that pretty much finished bike riding for the day. If I wasn't so tired and exhausted, I probably would have gotten out there and made him keep trying, but I was lucky to be standing...
So Joshua and Gavin decided to try the roller blades. I didn't get a picture of Joshua, but I did over Gavin. They were pretty funny too. Joshua actually did pretty well, poor Gavin was down more than he was up... Jonas wouldn't even attempt it...
After gymnastics today, J and I went to the playground next to the rec center. He was so very excited to show me that he "doesn't need me" anymore... he could get himself going on the swings.. I guess moms are obsolete once your kid is 5...

He climbed the rock, all by himself, again.. here is is saying "mom, do you have to take a picture of everything I do".. poor neglected child...

I am still feeling blah, but I am having a few more ups than downs at the moment, which is good. I only puked once yesterday, after finding cat puke in the bed...
At this moment Jonas and I are having the homework battle.. I mean does it really have to start this young... It is reminding me of a story I read about D... When I was getting my certification to teach AG, I had to write a paper on a gifted person... so, I chose D.. seemed logical, right. His mom kept all of his records, so the information was at my fingertips.. Some of what I read was so incredabley funny... In one of the psycholigcal reports it reports that he was, um.. I don't remember the exact wording, but it came down to him just being lazy... Things like, when asked to draw a person, he asked if he had to draw the whole thing, because it was too much work... or when asked to write his whole name, he asked if he could just write Dave, because his name was too long...
So, last night J is doing his homework.. all it is is writing the letter T 5 times with different colors.. I look over and he has 5 colored pencils in his hand, writing the letter T, all 5 at one time... Um.. buddy I am pretty sure that is not what the teacher wanted... He is such his daddy's boy..



No comments:
Post a Comment