Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mom's Day off

There comes a time in life, when every Momma needs a break- A break from the leeches that are disguised in children's bodies- I swear some days I wonder if the Dr forgot to cut their umbilical cords they are so close to me. One of them always finds a reason to be touching me. Don't get me wrong, I love these kids, but geez- ever heard of Personal Space...  obviously not say the 7 year old who climbs into my lap... I am sure one day they will want nothing to do with me and I will miss it-- but ughh

On Wednesday I went and picked up my nephew from the airport- He is staying with us for awhile (a few months)..  Of course he missed his flight, so I had to rearrange life to get down there to get him, then come back in the not so rush hour traffic...  He has taken about half of the clinginess away from the children.. (yay!)

but still I need a break, so i went with my friend, Christina, out of town for the night. She was running a half marathon (good for her-- makes me tired thinking about it) . On the way out the door, I gave all the unual reminders (To D of course)- don't forget to get J from school, make sure they eat, put clean clothes on, give them their meds etc... "You have no faith in me" he tells me... um, you are right buddy. Of course, L's eyes are goopy and she is acting sick.. I guess a good mom would have stayed home to take care of her sick baby-- I ran out the door as fast as I could...  I'll text later to make sure she is ok-- when I am too far away to have to turn back.

Had a great awesome time with Christina. While neither of us can read a map to save our lives apparently- we managed to find our hotel (though she nearly killed us a few times), talked to the most adorable valet--  made me realize how old I am... he looked like such a baby-- adorable, but a baby--  ate Thai food for dinner, and drank a pitcher of a nice alcoholic beverage-- went to bed at 9--  we are wild things obviously...


D texts me a picture of their dinner....


Really, you fed the kids corndogs wrapped in bacon? 

humm, time to go to bed

No comments: