Saturday, June 16, 2012

New rules make happy Momma

I decided this week, that this family is going to step up and start helping more-- I made a list of daily chores, and weekly chores- everyone over the age of 5 has to pick one chore from each bag--  Seems really simple, right...

Here is what my daily chore list looked like...
Kitchen- clean
bathroom- straighten
living room, pick up
dining room, pick up

I thought these were very self explanatory-- after one week, my job descriptions have been altered.

Kitchen- put all dishes in dishwasher- if dishwasher full, then run it- if dishwasher has clean dishes, then empty it. Wash anything you can not fit into dishwasher by hand and put it away. No, the counter top is not away... Put away food- any food worth saving- no not the crumbs, or the half eaten mush on Laney's plate- and no, just putting the pot it was cooked in into the fridge is not putting it away...  Anything laying on the counters needs to be put in it's proper home- and no- nothing on the counter is in its proper home. Sweep the floor, with more than your imagination- the broom must actually touch the floor in a repetitive motion.

Bathroom- take everything off the counter, and put it away. Hang all towels and wash clothes, wipe counters, take baby toys out of tub and put them in the bin used for toys- the tub is not away.....

etc etc, you get the point... obviously these folks do not know how to clean a house....

Weekly chores--

Clean bathroom
Sweep/ Mop all floors
take out trash and recycling
change and wash all sheets and towels...

the questions...

How do I clean the bathroom
what do I have to do?
I have to touch what?????
that's gross, can I have another job?
What do you mean "all" floors
why do we need to change the sheets and towels, they don't smell bad?


after a long week-- we did get to this point...


D, helping J clean the bathrooms (what do you mean he can't do it on his own...)

K, mopping the kitchen (after I reswept it and prepared it)

I think I am more tired monitoring chores than I was just doing it all myself.

No comments: