so, we decide to go to the library-- Here is a lovely illustration of how different my kids are-- as we go in, I have to stop at the front desk to pay for a book, wild child had destroyed-- a board book mind you-- it was a peek a boo book-- and apparently she was tired of actually having to look under the flaps for the silly kids who kept hiding under them, so she just ripped all the flaps out-- she did this in a matter of 6 seconds while I was cooking dinner... so I, being the model citizen that I am, paid for the book, instead of turning back in like that...
This is the 2nd book I have had to buy from our library-- the first was destroyed by the older child... When he was 4 he picked out a book that had no words... when he asked his Daddy why, he told him that he had to make up his own story-- great reason, except in our 4 year old's mind Daddy said "Go write your own story in the book"... so he did... nice story too-- I am not so sure other library patrons would appreciate it though--
So lets review- older child wrote a story in a library book.... younger child just ripped book apart---
Back to the library-- so we are in the library, and while older child is looking at books, and toys for younger-- being nice and quiet-- the younger child is buckled in to her stroller (some duct tape may have been better), taking off her shoes, (and AFOs) and throwing them as hard as she can across the library, yelling "OH NO, Where shoe?" very loudly....
We get to the Science kits- I have to say the libraries here are AMAZING- you can check out whole science kits-- so J picked out a snap circuit kit-- the box says 3rd grade and over-- he is in 1st, but whatever-- who ever listens to those boxes anyway.. right? We check out, and get in the car, with minimal damage...
So we get home, the little monster is sleeping, and I try to talk J into coloring shrinky dinks with me... "why".. humm... so he asks to play with the circuits... Sure buddy, we can do that.... 5 minutes in he suggests I may want to go color shrinky dinks by myself and just leave him alone... sadly, he was right. I sat and colored, and he went through the snap circuits, project by project... Apparently over 3rd grade means "smart first grader, but not his mother"...
So Wild Thing gets up, and demands food-- 3 snack choices later she decides to eat-- the rest are residing all over my floor-- along with every toy in the house...
Just a quick review of my afternoon...
Jonas, being Jonas.....
Laney being Laney...
and Mom being Mom...
Oh, and by the way, he has now decided he wants to be an Electrical Engineer when he grows up....



No comments:
Post a Comment