Tuesday, July 13, 2010

moving on

So we are finally getting back to a regular routine, after the crazy start to our summer. Jonas has been trying his boundaries a bit lately. Things like, faking sick to get out of going to the day care at the gym, and throwing away his lunch when I am not looking, then telling me he ate it.... We are thinking he may need to go to the day camp at his old preschool, just to get him away from me all the time.

I have gotten a friend's teenager daughter to come help out some this past week, and it has helped a lot. I do feel a little bad. The first day I brought her over, I had to pull over and vomit along the side of the road before we got him. I am the poster child for safe sex right now.. lol... But she does great with Jonas and he loves her.

Yesterday we had a playdate here at the house.. that was interesting. Lots of people... Jonas was not at all thrilled. He hid most of the time. Then I had an appt with the maternal fetal specialist to check on the baby's growth. The good news is she seems to be growing appropriately... she was being very very stubborn, and refused to move, at all... so they couldn't get all the measurements they wanted, but what they did get, were normal, so hopefully that is a good sign. We couldn't see her face at all. D couldn't leave work, so Christina came with me. The Dr. totally thought we were "partners"... lol.. oh well...


Jonas, Gavin and I were using our measurement skills to bake today.. they did awesome...



Putting things in the Food Processor.. they thought that was the coolest part...

Jonas, using small measures...

Gavin working on the larger measures..

The final product.... ummm.... it was very yummy... neither boy would eat it...


This morning we went on a tour of the fire station... they had a blast. gavin cracks me up. He talks non-stop. All I can say is thank goodness I will never be his teacher.


Then the kids each got to spray the fire house...



with any spare time I have, I have been going through baby clothes that were given to me... Ohh MY!... there are so freaking many....



and in case you ever wondered... what happens if I leave a canned soda in the car with the outside temperature reaches above 100 degrees..... I can tell you....



there was Dr. pepper sprayed all over the inside of my brand new car... it was very interesting..

No comments: