Friday, September 26, 2008

the way it always works

So, no sooner than I accept a job.... I get a call offering another job....

OK.... so here is the deal... Yesterday I was offered (and accepted) a job working part time with a therapeutic day program for teens with emotional problems. Technically I will be working through the home/hospital program, but for all functional purposes I will be working directly with the program. I will be working with 2 other teachers to make sure that the students involved in the day program receive the appropriate education, and well as having their emotional needs met.

The hours are the exact hours that J is in preschool. So I will be dropping J off at school, going to work, then coming right back to pick him up on our way home.

It does seems as if about half of my pay check will be going to pay for his preschool.

I then got a phone call today, from the head of Media Services of the county schools. Apparently the Media coordinator I worked with when I was subbing this past week gave her my name and number. She was calling to see if I wanted to take a Long term sub job as a Media Coordinator in a Middle School. Now, those how know me, know that that is my overall career objective... i want to be a Middle School Librarian... that is where I am happiest. I am in the process of trying to get int grad school for that right now. I WOULD LOVE to have taken a long term sub job for that... and if that call had come in yesterday, I would have...

.... but....

I turned it down, 3 weeks guaranteed full time work, even if it is something I would LOVE, didn't really compare to permanent part time work.

So I will start work on Monday.

No comments: