Monday, September 1, 2008

for Kristen

I was told that I haven't updated recently enough for SOME people, not mentioning any names or anything ;)

not too much exciting going on here. On Thursday the 28th, my friend Paula lost her fight with Cancer. She was an amazing woman, who fought with dignity, beauty, and grace; but in the end the Cancer became too much.

So with that laying heavily on my mind, D, J and I headed down to the lake for the weekend. A lovely 5+ hour drive. I remember the days, so long ago when D and I would jump in the car for a quick weekend trip, and just drive. Yeah.... that was a lonnnnngggg time ago. After packing an entire car load of stuff, 30 potty breaks, food breaks, and puke breaks (yes I got the car sick kid)... we made it to the lake house in about 12 hours.... ok, exaggeration, i have no idea how long it took, it just felt like forever.

D's whole family was there, waiting for us. It was nice to see them all. I don't even remember the last time we saw Andy and Sarah. The greatest thing, on Sat, we went to a little town fair, and all of a sudden J is yelling "uncle Darren", and low and behold, there is my baby brother!!! D had arranged to surprise me, by having D and Holly come up too. I was so so happy to see them. I miss my brother so much.

Tomorrow is J's first day of Preschool..... stay tuned for more info

2 comments:

Kelsy said...

Hey Rachael, M gets car sick too, and I started giving her the chewable dramamine when she was 2 I think (just half of one then), it seems to really help. It does taste pretty bad still, so I usually give her something yummy right after (like a chocolate chip). Not sure if you could get J to eat it, but it's worth a try!

Rach said...

the one time we did try it, he puked it up a few minutes later. GROSS! We did figure out that time he really was sick, and not just car sick, but ewww. We don't encourage him to eat before car trips anymore.