Friday, September 5, 2008

He is such a daddy's boy

.. genetically speaking.... geez.....

I swear, j has gotten to the point you can't do much with him anymore. If you send him to do one thing, not only does not come back very quickly, he very rarely comes back with that one thing accomplished.... Now, he may have 12 other things you didn't need or want done accomplished... but not the one thing you asked.

Perfect example-- this evening, D asked J if he wanted to go to the basement to help him and sends J to get his shoes.... 5 minutes later J comes back into the room, and starts playing with his Lego table. D asked, are we going downstairs.. J, oh yeah, hold on a minute, goes back to the back of the house... comes back, had put away the legos, but still had no shoes. "Jonas do you want to help", Yes... go get your shoes, they are in the study.... "oh, ok"... comes back with one shoe and a piece of paper. 20 minutes later he has 1 shoe on, and a barrel of monkeys on the floor.

Getting this kid to do anything takes a miracle of patience. It isn't like he doesn't want to do it, there are just so many more interesting things to do along the way, he forgets his task.... humm, wait, that sounds more like me doesn't it. He doesn't stand a chance does he?

His send day at school went lovely. It was only and hour again. This time parents could stay or leave. I was planning on leaving, but when we got there all of the other parents were staying. I didn't want to be the "bad" parent who left their kid. So I asked Jonas "honey, do you want me to stay like the other mommies', or do you want me to leave" (yeah, like how I worded that.. loaded question right?) my kid... "Leave mom".. no mommy, no hesitation... "Leave mom"... well ok then... I stopped to tell his teacher I was leaving (and she assured me that it was better that I left, and that it was a sign that my kid was very well adjusted....), he looked up, saw that I was still there and yelled across the room, "BYE MOM"... and not in that loving affectionate tone either.. in that exasperated why are you still here tone. When I came back an hour later he gave me that sigh, and "awww momma", like why the heck are you back here so soon. He was the last one to leave, and that was by force.

my child is only 3, and already trying to get rid of his Mommy.

No comments: