Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rough Week

I have been having a rough week. I am not sure why exactly... just lonely and miss home.. a lot.

Things are going ok... the job search looks bleaker and bleaker. I kept saying I wanted to try something other than teaching, I guess now I have my chance- because there are no teaching jobs to have here.

I did have an interview yesterday, it was with a small private Christian school. It is a 7th grade position. I just did not feel very positive about it. Some parochial schools are great, but others give you that feeling that too many things are being left out for the sake of "religion". That things that students need to be exposed to, they are not, because it goes against a belief system. Just because we do not like some things does not mean they do not exist, and by middle school kids need to know that. So if literature and history are being censored to the point that I feel like major things are being left out, I feel like my talents would be wasted. My personal beliefs are that kids need to know what lies out there, to make their faith strong... we can't protect them from everything.

... and the pay was crap too..... ;)

It is just so hard starting a new life... nothing is the same... I can't even get J registered for pre-school, because I have to know if and when I am going to be working. If I can't find a job, he is going to have to stay with me.

I find myself not wanting to get up and do much of anything anymore. I do for Jonas, and that is about it. I guess I am off to lose myself in my books.

No comments: