D and J had a great time. J did a fablous time sleeping in a tent, better than I was expecting actually. OMG, I had to get up and walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night all by myself. It was horrible. Of course I took the full lantern with me, and not just the flashlight, beacsue it was too dark. I am sure every tent along the way was cursing me as I woke them up. There was a huge influx of people getting up to pee shorty after I got back. hehehe, sorry.
We met new people, and had some fun. Jonas had a blast playing with new friends.

We Spent Sat. Morning just hanging out, getting some breakfast ready. Jonas loved his new chair. he was having so much fun.
Then, off we went for a hike.... I thought the boys were posing for me.... apparently they were waiting for me to catch up... oppps...... silly me.... It's a cute picture anyway......
Ummm, then nap time came.... OK, not really... D was laying in the hammock, and J climbed up to, and I was like how cute, J pretend like you are sleeping on Daddy so I can get a cute picture... but hey, no one has to know that part.... well I guess I kinda just told everyone, but, well... anyway...

Ahh, then of to find a ORV (off road vehicle) trail. We took a little pitstop at the top of a mountain to enjoy the view, and to let poor me out of the car and puke, and pad my poor hiney... owww... there is a lot of bouncing. J was constantly, watch out Momma (he was in the front).

And we still had all that way to go!!!
So we were meeting up with a bunch of other folks for dinner, and for the sake of their privacy, I won't post their kids pitctures online... We were late making it back... with someones else's husband... opps sorry... but we had a lovely dinner... then went back to bed. Jonas somehow found his way into out bed Sat. night. He never sleeps with us, and we found out that there is a very good reason for that. That tiny child is a HUGE BED HOG. OMG, for an underweight child with a growth problem, he sure can take up 3/4 of a king sized air mattress. There was no escaping the monster.
He even had his own room in this mo
nster tent.So we got up this morning, and took our first ever fishing trip. Now, take me.... who is not the outdoorsy type, a 3 year old, and a boy scout turned scientist, and put them on a fishing dock with a fishing pole and see what happens......... I am sure you would get a HUGE laugh.
Fi
rst.... you have to find bait.... not an easy task... so one of the other families offers us some bread.... sure, bait the hook of a fishing line with bread.... seems like a great idea, fish like bread, they come eat it when you throw it in the water, right....
Sure they do, they really liked the bread, and they nipped it right off the line. So D walks back the 3 sites, back to our camps and grabs some ham. DO fish eat ham? After many unsuccessful attempts at hooking a fish with ham, D walks back to the camp for more inspiration..... and that is when J and I learned something very important.....
If you get the ham onto the pole very well.....

You catch a fish....
Except.... J and I are sitting here, alone, on a dock... Jonas very excited, jumping up and down, and me in a panic thinking OMG, what the crap and I going to do now? So I do what any brilliant mom would do in this situation.... I yelled. I yelled for some of the families I knew were still there, I yelled for D. "I have a fish, help help". I could hear laughing... Good! No, not good, what the H*ll do I do now??? D, comes running, and btw, he had no idea what to do either. Well first he took the picture.... :) poor fish, we pulled him in and out of that water like 6 times, trying to set him lose, without killing him. D didn't know how to get the hook out of his mouth. In the end, we had to cut the line, and "watched him swim away"... all the way the way to the bottom of the lake.
Then we got in the big dirty truck, and drove home... I fell asleep in the back, with the top off, so now I have teh classic sun glasses burn. I look pretty silly.
OK, I HAVE TO GO SHOWER!!! I STINK. hehehe.... I will post a link to the whole album of pictures later.
To all my school related friends, HAVE A GREAT FIRST DAY BACK. I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU!!!!
Then we got in the big dirty truck, and drove home... I fell asleep in the back, with the top off, so now I have teh classic sun glasses burn. I look pretty silly.
OK, I HAVE TO GO SHOWER!!! I STINK. hehehe.... I will post a link to the whole album of pictures later.
To all my school related friends, HAVE A GREAT FIRST DAY BACK. I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU!!!!



1 comment:
lovely...a bit like our camping trip two years ago, but we never actually caught a fish.
Post a Comment