Delaney Ruth has made her grand entrance into the world. This morning, September 11, 2010, at 8:20 AM, Delaney joined us on the outside. Just last week i was wondering why real labor wasn't like that on sitcoms.... well, I jinxed myself obviously. I woke up at 7:00, went to the bathroom, and my water broke. No contractions, but since I was only 36 weeks, called dr. She said get to the hospital. We woke up Jonas, called someone to come and get him, got our stuff together, etc... in the car by a little before 8, contractions were just starting. I started to time them.... 2 minutes a part... um, ok... D is driving the 26 miles to the hospital like a bat out of hell. Contractions went to 90 seconds apart... Got to the parking lot and got into the hospital, at 8:15... went directly to triage, where they argued for a few seconds about if I would make it to labor and delivery.... it was decided no way... by 8:20, my jack knife (butt first) breech baby was born. No time for anything other than catching our baby girl. Poor D hadn't even made it back from parking the car.
All in all, everything is very good. She weighs exactly 5 lbs, and is 17.5 inches long. She has been eating great!!! We both should be home on Monday. Of course we have pictures, but the internet connection here is so freaking slow I can't upload them.
jonah rockin' the xylophone
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment