Life has been crazy up here. We moved into our new house this weekend!! I love my house!! Unfortunately the battery on our camera took a vacation, and i am pretty sure it is not returning. I am ordering a new one today.
Before moving in, we painted the "extra" room, and Jonas' room, Jonas helped... His room is blue (the exact shade he picked out) with multicolored dots and stars all over teh walls (and a few blue feet prints on the white carpet....) It is adorable! The extra room is green.. nothing exciting there. The rest of the house is just plain for now.
I did manage to get a pic of J's room, with my phone...
We moved most of the big stuff on Saturday, with the help of some very wonderful friends. Jonas stayed with his best friend, Gavin, so he wouldn't be underfoot (Thanks Christina)... Our friends were so great, coming in whenever they had time, helped load and unload... Then on Sunday more friends came to help. Christina and I put together furniture (storage things for toys etc), while Eric helped David load up the rest of teh house... later Jason and Sandi came over to help. They are all awesome..
Of course Sunday didn't go as smoothly as Saturday did... When we got up, D realized that the shower in our bedroom doesn't have hot water (nice huh?), and we hadn't gotten a shower curtain for the other bathroom yet (didn't think we owuld need one yet, J doesn't shower)... So no showers for us, fine we were going to get dirty anyway... Then it hits us, umm, we have no toothpaste... so no clean teeth either... When we looked out the window, it was pouring rain... and someone (not to mention any namebut not me) left the windows in his truck down Sat. night-- don't ask me why they were down, when it is freezing out. So D heads out in the pouring rain to pick up another load from teh house, and I go to target to get shower curtains etc...
So, after I get home, and start working on the furniture with Christina, I get a phone call... D missed the turn to our road, and went to turn around in a parking lot down the road, and hit a packed car with the moving truck... and to top it off, he didn't have his wallet. So I had to go running arounf looking for his wallet. When that was taken care of, he and Eric, and Jason got here to unload the truck, again... only lost a few pieces of furniture (may they RIP)... Christina left, only to realize a few minutes later she still had my carseat... (meanwhile it is still pouring rain)..
Soooo, back to the old house today to clean.. ick.... and get the very last our our stuff out... Hope to take pictures soon!
jonah rockin' the xylophone
8 years ago





2 comments:
why is it that every time you move, something strange happens? :D
it isn't just when I move... it is when I do anything :)
Post a Comment