Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Friday

SO Friday is our big day.. our GH supplies should be here tomorrow, and the nurse is coming on Friday to train D and I how to administer the GH...

To be honest, I am still terrified. I cry every time I think about it. I am not sure what my hang up is. I understand the idea behind it, and I know that this is what is going to have to happen if he is ever going to have a "normal" life.. I just can't stand the fact that we have to do it to him. I know he will get used to it, and it will not be a big deal... but I had so hoped, prayed, and wished things would improve on their own. In a way I feel like i am giving up on that hope... but I also know God put this here so we could help our baby, who so isn't a baby anymore...

I actually think he will take it better than I am. I am truly amazed everyday by this kid. He is just an awesome kid. He is so good at taking things into stride, just accepts thing because that is the way it is. While i search and fight for reasons why and answers, he just smiles and says ok... if this is what has to be done, then ok... He is such a brave kid, so much braver than I am. He must get it from his Daddy. Actually everytime I look at him I see his daddy.. good thing I love them both. While he DRIVES me batty (ok they both do), with his slow methodological way of doing things... that is what makes him such an amazing kid.

maybe I just need a nap :)

D has been in Chicago since Sat. J and I are very lonely. Luckily We have AMAZING friends that keep us occupied, so we aren't just moping. I don't know what we would do with out Christina and Gavin...

Last night, Gavin and Jonas were playing house. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. They were "living" in a stroller box (maybe 2 feet wide and 2 feet in length, and maybe 3 feet tall), and they were using a carseat base to be their "baby". They carried their "baby" (a boy named baby Lora) around in the carseat base.. took him into the house.. both boys and a carseat base inside this little stroller box.. Gavin said he was the mommy and Jonas was the daddy.. but they were so cute taking care of the baby.. giving it a rattle (piece of cardboard), and feeding it the bottle (totally imaginary)..

J has a field trip on Thursday. I took off work so I could go. humm.. 3 hours with a bunch of 4 year olds.. or 3 hours with 4 teenagers... it really was a toss up there... :)

No comments: