Sunday, May 17, 2009

yet another update

Jonas came home from the hospital last night. He is doing much better. He still isn't wanted to drink, but he wants food? Now I am not sure that I brought home the right kid. He always wants to drink, and never eat. Just today he has had a Popsicle, 1/2 a pop tart, and is sitting eating a PB&J as I type.

Thanks Goodness Chuckie has been here to help out. I really don't know what I wouldhave done without her here. She is the best Mother-in-law.

Before we moved up here I had joined a mom's group online. I was determined to not be here years before making friends, like what happened in Winston. When we got here it has been like I have always belonged here. I had instant friends. This week with J showed me that even more. I had so many offers for help, so many calls from folks checking on us. It was really great to know that if I needed anything, there were so many people willing to help- even when their own lives were being disrupted. My friend Christina was on her way to the beach for a family vacation- yet she came over here to check on J (when she had worked until 2 Am, then had to be packed for the next morning)... she texted me throughout her entire drive just to keep updated on how things were going. My friend Elisabeth is moving this weekend, he father very ill in the hospital himself- yet she called, and sent messages to check on us. There were so many others who called and messaged me all week. I am so happy I found this group. They are some amazing women.

anyone moving up to the MD area, here is a link to their blog http://chesapeakemommies.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Ray said...

i like the new look