A few days before Christmas, one of my friend's husband had a heart attack. he is going to be fine, but it made me reflect on how thankful i am for my family. Then, D had his accident this past week. After seeing the car and realizing how close he had come to being killed, I felt numb. How quickly life can change, and the things we take for granted everyday, could disappear in a breath. But, D was fine... why in all logic did he come out physically ok, when he really shouldn't bed. Maybe it was a wake up call for us. God, knocking on out think heads and saying-- Hey, remember me? I am the one in control, have you forgotten. We have been getting so busy "living" our lives, did we forget that we were not the ones in control?
So this morning, when I woke up, I did a search for churches. I found one that looked similar to the Summit. So we decided to try it. So on we drove to a school down the road, to have J in the "kidzone", meeting at the end of a hallway, and the service in the auditorium. The k-5 kids met in the cafateria.. LOL... does it sound oddly familiar, those who know the Summit?
It was ok, the paster wasn't nearly as exciting as Johnathan, and the band couldn't hold a candle to the Summit band. It is much smaller, but it was ok. I have to remember we were with the Summit a long time, and nothing we try is going to compare right away. We are going to go back and try it again, and see how it goes.
jonah rockin' the xylophone
8 years ago



1 comment:
Glad you found something that works.
Post a Comment