OMG, I am so upset, I can't even see straight...
The people who bought our house, back in NC are suing us, because the basement flooded. They are saying it is civil fraud, because we did not disclose there were flooding problems with the basement....
according to the statement we signed, it asked if there were any known problems at the time... we put no.... we had had flooding in the past.... david did tons of work to fix it... and it worked.. he even freaking sent them a note, explaining everything he did...
So, we put no problems, because they were resolved.... they were told that there was once a flooding problem, because we gave them the receipts for the work we had done...
so anyway, it flooded, because they did not keep the drains cleared... though David warned them that for everything to work, the drains had to be kept clear of debris....
it flooded, and now they are suing us for $8000... they want the money to replace the carpet, plus money to waterproof the house (which has already been done.. obviously it doesn't work), then money for re-landscaping the yard because the waterproofing will damage the bushes and grass, and for a new heat pump, because the heat pump is in the way...
david is like the MOST honest person I have ever met... he has bent over backwards to help these people... he gave them detailed information about everything in the house... gave them all of our files on all the work, warranties, receipts, everything having to do with the house....
I am so upset over all of this. I guess we need to find a lawyer, but I don't even know how to go about that. we have never needed a lawyer for anything. We are insanely honest people, and have this foolish idea that other people should be too.
jonah rockin' the xylophone
8 years ago



3 comments:
Oh. My. Gosh. I am so sorry! I cant believe it. You guys ARE very truthful-i'm sure everything will turn out ok.
HEY MRS HAIRSTON!!!!
its rae-yao! rae-ling showed me your blog today
WOAHHH PEOPLE ARE SUCH JERKS SOMETIMES!!! i hope it'll turn out ok.
>:-P
Hey girls,
Thanks for believing in me. I miss you guys. Mrs. H
Post a Comment