David finally made it home from Chicago, I swear it was the longest week. He stayed home on Friday, so I could go back to work. I know I have only been working for a few days (thanks to absences), but I do really enjoy it. Jonas is feeling a bit better. He still has a bad cough and a little weak, but all in all better.
We talked to the GI dr on Friday. We had to cancel the endoscopy for Monday, because of the respiratory infection. No one wants to put him under when he is having breathing difficulties. Of course, at the rate we're going it could be July before he is well enough for the procedure. She also was not at all happy about the amount of calories he is taking in on an average day, not to mention how little he was taking in while sick. She did say that she felt that it was probably time for the feeding tube, that there seemed to be no way around it at this point. We are losing too much ground. Of course, that can not be done until, 1. the original tests can be run, and 2. he is still well enough to go into surgery again; so it could be awhile. Before it is done, they are going to make sure there is not a digestion problem, but there are no outward signs of that. David asked about appetite stimulants again. We have tried them once before, and they didn't help. She said we could try them again, but J is so far on the underweight side that we probably didn't want to sit around waiting too long.
So, then on Friday, I also got some blood test results back as well. After years and years of having my thyroid being checked, because I have symptoms of an underactive thyroid.... a test for TSH and T4 were checked. From what I understand these are in the pituitary gland, and they are what sends the hormones to tell the thyroid what to do... so anyway, while the actual thyroid levels were fine, both the TSH and the T4 levels were very low... Which basically explains a whole lot of things.
jonah rockin' the xylophone
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment