Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Renaming

I decided this blog needs a new name-- and some new energy--  As I sit here, threatening my dear child with adoption- I think, I really never want to forget any of this-- well maybe I do- who knows...

so as soon as I figure out how, I will change the name of my Blog from True Colors, to the Tribulations and Confessions of a very tired Mom..  Sounds exciting huh?

So, just to catch up from the last time I posted months ago-- Kids are growing, and mostly healthy. Jonas is finishing 1st grade and is exerting his independence in many ways- Laney is a wild and mischievous 1 year old, who I swear has it out for me-- but in such a cute package I just can't get mad.

So why are they up for adoption today... Lets see... My most recent conversation with my one year old...
Me- "Laney shoes do not go in the trash"
L- "hahaha"
Me- "Laney- no shoes in the trash"
L- "hehehe"
Me "Delaney, Don't out your shoes in the trash"
L-"hehe"
Me "DELANEY RUTH DO NOT PUT THOSE SHOES IN THE TRASH" (granted you may be asking me why I haven't gotten up to take said shoes to insure they don't go in the trash...  I could come up with some great reasoning, like I wanted to her learn to listen to me, or natural concenquences  - dang how do you spell that word, spell check hates it)... but really, I just didn't feel like it-- I am tired and telling her to stop seems so much easier...
L- slam trash cabinet shut
ok, time to get up and see if the shoes are in the trash... Nope no shoes-- 2 magnets, a doll, and the doll's shoes are all in there-- and I would like to say she was never out of my site the entire dialogue here- not sure how she did it- she is a freaking Houdini...

one of her shoes is missing by the way...

and even as I type this, I notice my "butt" is wet (and no I am pretty sure I did not wet myself) After asking J to go get me a paper towel to dry off my wet Butt- (and getting lectured by him about saying a "private part", I inspect the reason my "tushy" is wet...  Houdini has somehow figured out how to get the stopper out of her sippy cup and had been pouring it down my side...

meanwhile Jonas is doing his 1st grade homework... He brings it to me to check, and this is what I see...  notice how on his own examples he decides using negative numbers is the best  choice...


Well, time to go pick up the 2 million pretzel goldfish my daughter just dumped all over the floor, and get the no longer frozen pizza out of the oven for dinner- and figure out what I am going to feed my poor daughter who is allergic to milk and can not have frozen pizza (to be fair I did put broccoli on the pizza to make it seem more nutritious.. that counts right?)




No comments: