Wow, folks, I can't believe it has been a month since I updated. I have been having a hard time, emotionally, and just havn't felt like putting it all out in words. Once I put it into words, it is real. I don't want it to be.
Jonas was doing well, until we visited the GI for his last check up.. he is actually losing weight. After his surgery, we had stopped giving him the Pediasure, and he really began eating great. Unfortunately he still is not consuming enough calories to grow- quite the opposite, he is losing... The Nutritionist suggested we start giving him Pediasure again, as soon as we did that, he stopped eating regularly. I have been keeping a calorie diary, he averages about 900 a day, including Pediasure. If we don't give him any Pediasure, he still is consuming about 900 a day. I figure that if he is not getting more from the Pediasure, there is not sense it giving it to him. So, back to the drawing board we have to go. At the moment we are trying a juice based calorie supplement. We will see if it goes any better.
I guess I had gotten my hopes up that we may avoid the feeding clinic. I don't know that it is our solution. I just have that feeling that there is so much more than isn't being considered, I just don't know what that is. Too many things remain unexplained. I can't help but wonder how much longer we have to go through.
jonah rockin' the xylophone
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment