Wednesday, December 29, 2010

i suck

It has been so long since I updated. We are doing pretty well. Starting to adjust to life. Jonas is still an amazing big brother, Delaney is getting to be a more pleasant child. Work is going good, and things are just getting settled again.

The holidays were good this year, the kids actually made the trip to NC much better than I expected. No puking, and no crying (well on the drive anyway). We decided to stay home for Christmas. It was kinda hard and sad, it is the first time we havn't been with extended family for Christmas, but it was nice as well. Knowing how bad I was feeling, Christina took me to get my nails done, to cheer me up. We had Christmas Eve dinner here, with good friends, and it was a ton of fun. Jonas loved waking up to his presents on X-mas morning. Then we went to D's boss' house for Christmas dinner. It was very nice.

Now we are spending out week off together. I am about ready to put 2 kids up for adoption :) Just an example of our days -- Jonas is playing a game with his imaginary friend and says " where is that stupid die", I said "Jonas, I am not sure I like the language you are using", so he goes "fine, where is that fricking die"... nice buddy

He had his 6 year check up, he is growing so much! Thanks to the HGH, he grew 4.5 inches and gained 5 lbs this year!!! Everything checked out well at the Dr. Though his answers to the Dr questions were hilarous... here are some examples...

Dr- How many times do you brush your teeth during the day
J-- none
Dr you don't brush your teeth?
J- yes
Dr- how many times a day?
J- none
Dr, well when do you brush them?
J- I don't brush them during the day, I brush them at night

Dr. Where do your shoes go?
J - on the shoe rack
Dr- No, I mean on your body
J- what about your body?
Dr- Where do your shoes go on your body
J- Feet, don't you know that?

Dr- Do you play with friends at school
J- yes
Dr- Who are your friends
J- Mario and Luigi and Bowser

the whole appt went on like this...

have i mentioned my kid is nutty?

right now we all have colds, yuck- and I am going to bed. I will post some new updated pictures later, after I sleep.

No comments: